Implemented in an "AdaptS12" form factor board, Adapt9S12D is compatible with an entire range of application cards, prototyping cards, and backplanes, and usable with solderless breadboards ("proto boards"). The CAN configuration includes all necessary support circuitry for the MCU, as well as a 5-Volt regulator, RS232, and two CAN transceivers on-board.
- surface-mounted 112-pin 9S12DP512 MCU
- 2.30" x 3.25" AdaptS12 form-factor
- two 50-pin connectors bring out all I/O pins of the MCU
- all I/O pins on a 0.1" grid for easy interfacing to standard perfboard
- versatile connector options for use with solderless breadboards, prototyping cards, or embedding into your design
- RS232C transceivers provided for both SCI channels
- support for two physical-layer high-speed CAN transceivers (PCA82C250)
- 16 MHz crystal, but internal bus can run up to 24MHz (using on-chip PLL)
- accommodates optional user-supplied oscillator
- Background Debug Mode (BDM) fully supported for loading and debugging user code (BDM pod required)
- universal 6-pin/10-pin BDM connectors support BDM pods from multiple vendors
- program in C, BASIC, Forth, assembler, etc.
- no special Flash programming voltage or switch required
- fast in-circuit programming
- on-chip bootloader/monitor (D-Bug12) for quick loading of user programs
- ideal development platform for all "D-" and "A-" series 9S12 variants (eg. 'DT, 'DP, 'DG, 'A, etc.)
- 100mA, automotive grade, low-dropout 5V regulator on-board (mounted underneath)
- includes low-voltage inhibit (LVI) reset circuit + reset button
- accommodates optional precision voltage reference chip for analog-to-digital converters
- accommodates optional BOOT/RUN switch to support Serial Monitor option
- second I/O connector accommodates memory expansion bus option
- Flash-based code development using a BDM pod
Use a BDM pod (such as MicroBDM12LX) to erase and load Flash with your program. The entire 512K Flash can be used for your program. Just use the FBULK and FLOAD commands to erase and load your programs.
- Low-cost Solution for C source-level code debugging with ICC12, NoICE12, and a MicroBDM12LX pod
Now you can take advantage of the debug/monitor functions of NoICE12 to perform source-level debugging with ImageCraft's ICC12 C compilers, using our MicroBDM12LX. This combination offers one of the lowest-cost toolchains on the market!
- SynCode: Free Integrated Editor and GNU C Compiler package for Windows
- CodeWarrior Special Edition C compiler from Freescale (32K C code limit; unlimited assembler)
- 45-day Demo C compiler from ImageCraft
- Windows IDE for GNU C
- Using the GNU Development Tools for 68HC11 and 68HC12
- 68HC11/HCS12 Application Notes for ICC and GNU C Compilers
- FreeRTOS for 9S12D